Apple TV+ is considered a great streaming service by many Apple fans and supporters, and it is available to users in multiple different ways. If you happen to be in need of a new Apple device, you can easily obtain a free subscription for Apple TV+ that will last you an entire year. Alternatively, if you are simply interested in subscribing to it on a monthly or yearly basis, you can simply do so and pay $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year.
The service offers plenty of great shows, such as See, For All Mankind, Dickinson, The Morning Show, and plenty of others. Now, if you have seen all the shows you were interested in, or you decided that the service is not worth the money, or even if the content seemed better than it actually is — you might end up deciding to cancel your subscription.
If this happens to be the case, you can easily do it at any time. Of course, if you have a free yearly subscription, you might as well let it run out and simply don’t prolong it once the time comes. If, on the other hand, you paid for a yearly subscription, you can cancel it before it gets renewed. The same is true for a monthly one, although this one is likely to run out faster.
There are several different ways to cancel your Apple TV+ subscription, including doing so from the Apple TV+ site, your iPhone, or via the Apple TV app. With three different methods available to you, you can really do it quite quickly. Here is how.
3 Ways to Cancel Apple TV+ Subscription
1. Unsubscribe from Apple TV+ Website
To start, let’s see how you can cancel your subscription from the Apple TV+ website directly. Simply follow these few steps, and you will be done in no time.
- Go to Apple TV+ website via your browser.
- Log in, and then click on the account icon in the top right corner
- Select Settings and then scroll down and find the Subscriptions section
- In this section, locate Apple TV+, under which you will find the Manage link. Click on it
- At this point, a new box will pop up, titled ‘Edit your subscription.’ Click the Cancel Subscription option.
- Confirm your decision to cancel your Apple TV+ subscription, and you will be done.
2. Unsubscribe from Apple TV+ via Apple TV
If you would like to use Apple TV to cancel your subscription, that is an option as well, as mentioned.
The procedure is rather quick and easy, and you can do it by following these few steps.
- Start by going to Settings on your Apple TV
- In the Settings, find an option called ‘Users and Accounts’
- Select your account, and then go to Subscriptions
- Now, simply scroll down through the subscriptions you have until you find Apple TV+ subscription.
- Once you do, select the Cancel Subscription option
- Confirm your decision to cancel, and the process will be done
As you can see, it is a rather simple and fast process that will free you of an unwanted subscription in no time.
3. Unsubscribe via Apple TV+ app or the App Store
Lastly, you can simply use the Apple TV+ app, or even the Apple App Store itself to cancel your subscription. Whichever you happen to choose, the procedure is nearly identical, and it will have the same result — your Apple TV+ subscription will be canceled from that point forward.
If you wish to do it this way, here is what you will need to do:
- Start by tapping your account icon in the top right corner.
- Next, find an option called ‘Subscriptions,’ or ‘Manage Subscriptions.’
- A new window will open, in which you should look for Apple TV+
- Once you find it, simply tap the Cancel Subscription option
- Hit Confirm to get to the end of the procedure, and that will be it.
This might very well be the fastest way to cancel your Apple TV+ subscription, and the most practical one, as you can do it from multiple Apple devices, such as iPods, iPads, and iPhones — one or more of which are likely to be with you at all times.
What to do if you can’t find an Apple TV+ subscription?
It might also happen that your Apple TV+ subscription is nowhere to be found, once you go to Settings and look it up under Subscriptions, as described in different methods of cancellation above.
if this happens, you can either contact Apple Support and try to resolve the problem with the support team, or you can try one of the following solutions:
- Check if the subscription is billed through a different company. If this is the case, it will not be called Apple TV+ subscription.
- Check whether the subscription is in your name or in the name of one of your family members. This is often a problem with lengthy subscriptions, as users forget who actually signed up for it.
- Check if you are looking for your Apple TV+ under the right Apple ID. If you have several of them on your device, you might be looking for your subscription under the wrong one.
If none of these methods work, proceed to contact Apple Support and try to cancel your subscription with their help. Or, as mentioned, do it in the first place, and complete the process quicker.
What else you need to know about canceling a subscription
With all of that said and done, there are a few more things that you might want to know about your subscription to Apple TV+.
First of all, you have to use one of the above methods if you wish to get rid of your subscription completely. That means that you cannot simply wait for it to run out and have it end there. It will renew itself automatically unless if you use one of these specific methods to instruct the company not to do so.
Next, if you cancel your subscription at any point, you can still use it until it runs out. In other words, if you happened to pay for your yearly subscription in January, and then you decided to cancel it in June, it will still run until the end of December. It simply won’t be renewed in the next January, and you won’t get it for the next year.
However, you get to watch Apple TV+ for the duration of the plan you paid for. You won’t be getting a refund or even a portion of a refund, but, having the company respect your subscription period in full despite the cancelation is something that you can expect.
Lastly, you should know that Apple offers a 7-day free trial period for when you originally subscribe to Apple TV+. However, if you happen to cancel your subscription during this trial, you might lose access to Apple TV+ content immediately and completely.
Having Apple TV+ is a great way to access some rather interesting shows and pass the time, enjoy quality content with your friends and family, and more. However, if you grew tired of the content, or you don’t think the service is worth the money, you can cancel the subscription at any time by following one of the described methods.